Monday, July 4, 2016

Day 11:Orick to Weott. trip total: 1379km

I noticed a fair amount of flat(ish) terrain over the next 160km so I figured I'd try and plough through it today. Most of the ride was along the 101 freeway, so not exactly picturesque, but very efficient for riding.

The scenery really opened up once I hit the Avenue of the Giants. I can't really explain what it was like to ride through such gigantic trees on a two lane road - I felt very out of place riding in that environment, like I wasn't supposed to be there. Everything around me was so immense that the road barely registered as a hiccup in the environment. Anyway, I'll let the pictures do the talking.



This is not an elk farm, just wild elk doing their thing.

Dolores hiding underneath a Giant

Avenue of the Giants

The Giants looking out for cyclists


Burlington Campground


No comments:

Post a Comment